Welcome To Our Little Big House On The Prairie


Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Little Bit At A Time

WOW!  What a busy day!

Wouldn't you just love it, if you could just suspend everything that needs to be done daily and just devote yourself completely to all your DIY projects?  It always seems like there's 1,000,001 things that need to be taken care of and you can only squeeze a few minutes here and there to do the fun stuff!

Take today for example...

The hubs wanted me to help him mow a commercial property that takes about two and a half hours to complete, so even though we did sleep in since it was Saturday...

- Woo-hoo 9:00 am! - 

I barely had enough time to wash my face, brush my teeth, and get dressed before we were out the door.  After completing that job, we came home and I quickly put primer on the plywood and peg board I showed you yesterday.  Then, it was outside to mow OUR 4 1/2 acres.  My body is actually sore from the beating it took bouncing around on our zero-turn.  As soon as we got done with that, it was out the door to help the hubs with a "small" tree job that he wanted to get done before dark.  Chipping limbs for 3 hours doesn't equal small to me, but okay - It pays the bills.

I literally walked in the door, went up the stairs, and then painted the 1st coat of paint - before I even got in the shower!  LOL


How do you like that Hawkeye Gold?  
Whoo-Boy!

I can't wait to show you my plans for the pegboard and plywood.  It is going to be SUH-WEET!

But, finishing that project is going not going to happen tomorrow since we're off to the Iowa State Fair AND we're going to my very first ever concert - SUGARLAND!  

I know, I know...  How is it that I'm 35 years old and I've never been to a single concert?  Answer:  Motherhood!  I've been a mom since I was 17 and it was never the right time to go.  

So needless-to-say, I am SUPER excited about tomorrow night!  And I get to see the infamous Butter Cow - Yep, you guessed it.  Its a cow sculpted entirely from butter. How awesome is that?  (Doesn't take much to impress me, does it?) So, off to the state fair we go tomorrow.  Guess all my plans will have to wait until Monday.  

Here's a sneak peek of the boys' walls...  


Do you even doubt their team spirit?  
Go Hawks!

No comments: